Primary services are your main service offerings, such as dog walks, daycare, boarding or overnight pet sitting.
Navigate to business settings, click or tap on the gear symbol in the left sidebar or below.
Click on the "Primary" tab in the left settings navigation.
To create a primary service, select "Create Service" in the upper right hand corner of the Primary Services area.
Begin creating a new primary service by selecting a template or creating your own custom service. Each template has a default name, photo-check in setting, and GPS setting. These setting can be changed at any time.
- Walk: Photo check-in enabled; GPS tracking enabled
- Visit: Photo-check in disabled; GPS tracking enabled
- Daycare: Photo-check in disabled; GPS tracking enabled
- Custom: Create a custom service name and set your own photo-check in and GPS tracking options.
Once you have selected a template option, you will be required to set a service price and service duration.
Selecting to make a service required will cause the pet sitter to receive a warning message in the Scout Mobile App for Pet Sitters if they do not check off the task.
Next you can customize the Photo check-in and GPS tracking options.
- Enable Photo check-in: Enabling this setting will force staff members to take a photo of the pet(s) when checking into an appointment. This photo will be attached as part of the check-in email sent to customers when their service begins. The location of the check-in will also be captured and will be visible to administrators when viewing the completed appointment.
Note: Disabling photo check-in will prevent the check-in email from being sent to customers.
- Enable Location Tracking: Enabling this setting will turn on location tracking during the service. Location data captured during the appointment will be plotted on a map and sent as part of the check-out email sent to customers when their service has been completed.
Last, administrators have the option to set a staff rate. If you pay staff hourly with no per service commission, you can bypass this option by selecting "Staff should not be paid for this service".
- Fixed: Staff are paid based on a fixed rate for each service.
- Percentage: Staff are paid based on a percentage of the fee charged to customers.
Note: The rates you set in this section are global, meaning they are the default rates for services and related staff payroll. You can override these settings in the staff and customer cards. You can find more information about overriding global prices for pet owners here and payroll rates here.