Important Information Before You Get Started
- PRIVACY! Do not share your unique Calendar URL with anyone you do not want to have access to your calendar.
- Synced Calendars are Read Only. To make changes to your schedule, you will need to log in to Scout as an administrator or contact your companies admin to do it for you.
- Scout has no control over how often your schedule syncs to 3rd party calendars. Some 3rd party calendar applications allow you to select how often they refresh, and some do not.
- Shared calendars include Scout events for the past 1 month and the next 3 months only.
- Scout uses the iCalendar format to share calendars. For more information about iCal format check out this article.
- Due to character limitations, we cannot include pet names in the event name. Issues arise when there is more than one pet included in the appointment. Your appointments (events) will show up in your 3rd party calendar with a standard naming convention. "Pet Care: Human's Full Name".
- The pet names are included in the notes section of the event.
- The Customer's Address is included in the location section.
Calendar Sharing is compatible with most calendar apps including iCal, Google Calendar, Outlook and other popular email clients.
To start syncing your Scout schedule with your personal calendar:
- Open the menu of the Scout for Dog Walkers App and select settings.
- Toggle on the option for Calendar Sharing
- Copy the link.
- If you are syncing your schedule using a desktop application or website application, you can email the link to yourself so you can copy and paste it.
Please use the following link for instructions on subscribing to your Scout schedule on Mac.
iPhone users can sync Scout to most iOS calendar apps by creating a new calendar account in the iPhone's settings.
- Open the settings on your iPhone
- Scroll down and select "Passwords and Accounts" from the settings menu.
- Tap "Add Account"
- Tap "Other" from the list of supported account types.
- Choose "Add Subscribed Calendar"
- Paste the link you copied (see instructions above) into the "server" field and tap next.
- Tap Save.
- Open your calendar app.
** By default Scout has added a 30 Min Before Appointment Alert. If you do not want to receive alerts, toggle on "Remove Alarms" on after Step 6 above.
Google Calendar (Android)
Android users will need to sync the app directly with your Google Calendar, Outlook or other email provider accounts.
Please use the following link for instructions on subscribing to your Scout schedule using google calendar. Select the option to "Add using a link".
NOTE: Google Calendar will only sync with a non-Google Calendar subscription every 12 hours (minimum). Unfortunately, we have no control over this. We recommend using iCalSync, a 3rd party app, available in the Google Play Store, to sync your calendar more often.
iCalSync (Recommended for Android)
- Install iCalSync from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and tap the plus button at the top of the app screen.
- Name the calendar
- Paste in the URL
- Set the Sync frequency
- Set an optional reminder
- Choose a color.
- Tap the green checkmark in the upper right corner of the app screen.
Please use the following link for instructions on subscribing to your Scout schedule using the Outlook.com web app. Scroll down to the headline "Subscribe to a calendar".
Microsoft Outlook Desktop Application
Please use the following link for instructions on subscribing to your Scout schedule using the Outlook desktop app. In the section titled "Subscribe to your Google Calendar". Start with Step #4 and paste in your Scout calendar sync address.
Please use the following link for instructions on subscribing to your Scout schedule using the Yahoo web app. Use the section titled "Follow Someones Calendar".