How often do you bill?
Excellent question! Scout has three billing options:
- Weekly. Every Monday morning, we generate draft invoices for each of your customers consisting of all services completed between 12:00AM the previous Monday morning through 11:59PM on Sunday night.
- Bi-Weekly. Every other Monday morning, we generate draft invoices for each of your customers consisting of all services completed between 12:00AM the previous Monday morning through 11:59PM on Sunday night.
- Monthly. Every fourth Monday morning, we generate draft invoices for each of your customers consisting of all services completed between 12:00AM the previous Monday morning through 11:59PM on Sunday night.
Can I make changes to invoices?
24 Hour Review Period
Administrators have a 24 hour review period in which they can make updates to draft invoices. During this review period, administrators can issue credits and make adjustments to invoices.
Invoice Credits (-) and Adjustments (+)
During the review period Scout allows administrators to issue "credits", which reduce the amount owed, or adjustments, which increase the amount owed.
To issue a credit or adjustment:
- Open a customer's invoice.
- Select the "More" button in the top right corner of the invoice to expose additional invoice options.
- Select either Credit ( - ) or Adjustment ( + ).
- Select the appointment you wish the credit or adjustment to apply to.
- Enter the amount of the credit or adjustment, and enter a description so your client knows why it was added.
That's it! Each credit or adjustment you issue will show up as a new line item on your customer's invoice.
When is my customer charged?
Credit Card Customers
On Tuesday morning, Scout transmits the final billing details to you merchant account and your customers credit cards are billed. If payment is successful, customers receive a payment receipt via email. The payment receipt contains the date, service name, and price of each completed appointment, a summary of Scout technology fees, any credits or adjustments that were applied, tax if applicable, and the total amount paid.
Upon successful payment, invoices are automatically marked as paid. If there is an issue processing a payment method, Scout will attempt to automatically process payment for the invoice the following week.
To learn how to enable cash, click here
On Tuesday morning, Scout will send an invoice to any customers who are authorized to pay cash. Upon receipt of payment, an administrator must open the invoice and manually mark it as paid. Once the invoice is marked as paid, a payment receipt will be sent to the customer.
When do I get paid?
When you get paid depends on the type of payment method your customer is using. See the schedule below:
- VISA, MasterCard, and Discover Card funds are typically deposited to your bank account by Thursday
- American Express: Funds typically deposited to your bank account by Saturday
- PayPal transfers are immediately available in your PayPal Merchant Account.
When does Scout transfer its fees from my account?
Each Tuesday, Scout will send business owners a fee summary for all transaction fees charged during the current billing period.
Scout gives businesses net 7 day terms to allow for collection before processing payment for invoiced Scout fees.
After the 7 day grace period, Scout will charge the business credit card on file for the amount of Scout the fees. Upon successfully processing payment for Scout fees, a payment receipt is sent via email to the business owner.
Scout fees are billed regardless of collection status. It is the business owner's responsibility to collect Scout fees from their customers. We highly recommend businesses use electronic payment only to reduce collection time and accounts receivable. Companies currently taking advantage of Scouts fully automated billing capability have under 2% outstanding receivables and do not typically exceed 7 days past due.